Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June 23, 2009 - From An Interview With Nomi

From an interview with Klaus Nomi.

Interviewer : It was said about you that you were either the 8th wonder of the world, or a tragic accident of the nature. What do you think of this definition?

Klaus : oh it's wonderful, it's extraordinary. I hope it's true.

Interviewer : Why are you hiding behind this make-up?

Klaus : I'm not really hiding, I'm showing out, because the way I am it's hard to look like a normal person. You know, in the streets, when I was a kid, people always said I looked strange, and it made me feel very unhappy. And all of a sudden I go on stage, and people like me for that ; but as soon as I'm outside, I feel like I have to hide, because people laugh at me, because of the way I look. Now I'm using this look, it works for me, I even exagerate it. I used to hide my large forehead, but now I'm selling it.

2 comments:

Syed said...

It's wonderful to see that he took something he was made to feel negative about and turned it around. How empowering :) And you are down on the project list!

Robbie Delon said...

Haha, thanks. I can't wait.